Tuesday, July 21, 2009

RyanAir

Weekend destination: Barcelona, Spain. Possibly one of the best decisions I have made this summer. The weekend kicked off with a good ol' flight from Rome to Barcelona with nothing but a backpack. Yes. I, Samantha Corcoran, packed a backpack for the entire weekend...it's so shocking & definitely a first. As a whole, this weekend contained a lot of firsts that I am pretty proud of. One example....my first flight with RyanAir.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, RyanAir is the cheapest possible airline company for international travel. Cheapest translates to not so great quality. Never in my life have I experienced something quite like a flight with RyanAir. I could smell the chaos while waiting in the Rome airport. Once it was time to board the flight a huge mass of passengers crowd the line like they might not get on the plane. It was hard enough not to get pushed out of the line, let alone stay with a group of people and make sure your luggage is safe. Talk about multi-tasking. I finally make get my ticket checked and realize that we have to ride a bus to actually get to the plane. Of course a million people stuff onto the bus, which drives a total of thirty seconds to the plane. Now this is where the real deal begins....it could be a scene from a movie....
the doors to the bus open and everyone goes crazy. Literally. I felt like I was standing in front of Sear's on the day after Thanksgiving where everything was 60% off and no tax. The crowd begins to sprint to be the first on the plane because of course you have to fight for your seat. First come first serve basis. No lie, people were running. I was honestly slightly scared for my life because these people show no mercy. Twelve people at one time try to jam and squeeze their way onto the stairway like the seats on the plane might actually run out. After getting pushed around for awhile, I finally make my way onto the plane. Luckily, my two friends saved me a seat on the plane, or else I would have been sitting in the very back due to my lack of aggressiveness. This RyanAir experience will for-ev-er be burned into my memory. At least I didn't get trampled and I lived to tell the story. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment